Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Stop Teaching!


No, my dad hasn't started protesting the National Education Association or begun advocating home schooling (which is the real definition of stopping teaching I think), but in fact his sign read "STOP TEACHING HATE!" while he was interviewed by Channel 35 news about the protest he and I were participating in outside of Senator "My Family is More Christian than Yours" Santorum's office. We (and I say we because it was my first protest with my Dad...in fact, first protest ever!) got lots of supportive waves and honks (and fingers! I wonder what that means? But they were smiling! So it must be a good sign!). I don't think many people support the Federal Marriage Ammendment anyway (at least I hope they don't), which should really be renamed "Let's Keep Benefits to Us Straights" or "Why Gay People Threaten the Health of My Marriage More than Things Like Divorce or Adultery" or even "Wasting Your Tax Dollars and Representatives Time on Things that Will Not End Civilization as We Know it Unlike Global Warming"...any of these would do a better job at telling people what the bills is REALLY about. So if you are intrigued to find out more on this divisive issue...check out our good friend Greg's blog where you can see a video clip of my famous Dad! YAY, DAD!
http://www.gregunderwater.com/gregunderwater/2006/06/marriage_amendm.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home