Tuesday, June 27, 2006

It's the Bloody Pet Shop Boys!


Well it's been a good week for music, so I thought I'd share some new stuff that I'm listening to on my iPod (Frida's playlist!)...
First up, the "gay U2", the Pet Shop Boys have released a new album "Fundamental" (and a bonus disc "Fundamentalism") which has some stellar tracks. Not as complete all the way through the album as their previous works, but check out "Minimal," the "Fugitive" and "Flamboyant" mixes, even the duet with Elton John "In Private", but for sure check out "I'm with Stupid" which becomes exponentially funnier when you realize the double meaning of the lyrics having to do with Tony Blair's weirdo relationship with GW Bush. And for lyrics of the year award, download right now "The Sodom and Gommorah Show" which boasts: "Sun, Sex, Sin, Divine Intervention, Death and Destruction/The Sodom and Gommorah Show is a once in a lifetime production." So over the top, I love it. What are you still reading this for? It's on the Hype Machine, for gosh sakes! Go get it now!
Tomorrow I'll write more on the other discs of new music I've snapped up this past week! Stay tuned!

1 Comments:

Blogger D'luv said...

Frida, you little bitch, great review! The new PSB album rocks!

Great blog :)

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home