Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Trip the Station, Change the Channel


"I'm Going to Tell You a Secret" about the next CD of new music I picked up this past week...actually it's a CD AND a DVD! How fun is that? It's a documentary of Madonna's Re-Invention Tour from a year or two ago, the tour my Dads saw in Boston! The DVD has the documentary by Jonas Akerlund which has concert clips and behind the scenes footage. The music CD has a bunch of live tracks from various performances. Highlights: Madonna before the show talking to her dancers: "I'm not going to get pissed off at businessmen playing with their Blackberries during the show or people leaving to get a hot dog whenever I sing a ballad. Just f--k them and their hot dogs." Ah, as much as you can put the Kabbalah in Maddie, you can't take the bitchy fun out of Maddie. I don't know what that means, but you must see how her dancers tear the roof off the joint in "Hollywood"! On a side note: The Dads and I would love to catch her new show in Boston again this year, but we need to know: What is the deal with the purple leotards all the time?? Is Olivia Newton-John her understudy for some performances? More music stuff tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home